Friday, January 9, 2009

Who all is out there???

Alright, so one of my goals for 2009 is to be more "frugal" and one of the ways I have found to accomplish this is by checking out the blogs that are out there by those of you who know much much more than I do. Believe me, I check out all the "frugal finds" daily and often find myself completely engrossed in the things I find...I simply have to force myself to close the page and get to work. With that being said, I am certain that there are LOTS of blogs out there that also have LOTS of information that I simply don't know about; and believe me, I would love to know about YOU!!! If you are seeing this post and feel that you have "vital information" to the masses who want to be frugal but don't know where to start I want a comment from you. This post is partially for me, partially for my step-mom (she recently lost her job and she is BRAND NEW to even coupons!!!) and partially for all my church friends who are as obsessed with coupons and deals as I am but aren't as experienced as you guys (and all those people who visit just to find all this information in one place...hopefully hehe).

Some sites I already frequent and LOVE are (hope you guys don't mind I promoted your sites as my favs without asking first):

www.moneysavingmom.com

http://thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com

www.dealseekingmom.com

www.moneysavingmethods.com

www.commonsensewithmoney.com

www.frugalinvirginia.com

www.inboxdollars.com - earn money reading emails, playing games, taking surveys, etc. (if you sign up use referral ID jennbpbc@hotmail.com)

www.ebates.com - oh how I love this site!!! Not only did I find my son's Wii game on ebay (through ebates) for much less than at the brick and mortar store but I also got $$$ back on top of my savings!!! I swear almost every online store is on this site and it is soo easy to use!!! (use jennbpbc@hotmail.com as the referring email for this one if you sign up too!!!)

and most recently (still getting acquainted with this one) - www.swagbucks.com thanks to moneysavingmethods.com

I also frequent www.marybethwhalen.com just because I absolutely love how candid and down to earth her posts are!!! Someday I want to be a mom like her...a girl can dream right :)

Are you a blogger I should visit daily and love too??? If so, please introduce yourself and I will be sure to come by...

I need all the help I can get!!!

Jennifer :)

11 comments:

Frugal in Virginia said...

Thanks so much, Jennifer, for including me on your list! I'm glad you're finding my site helpful.

I have another money saving blog recommendation for you:

http://www.kingdomfirstmom.com/

Have a wonderful weekend!

Dana
www.frugalinvirginia.com

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much...I will be sure to include that site as well! I have been to it a few times and found it to be very helpful also. I need to bookmark it also so that I don't forget to check there too!!!

Carrie @ Moneysavingmethods.com said...

Jennifer,

Thanks so much for recommending me. It makes me feel great to know you have included me as a fav!

I just bookmarked your page, and if you ever find a fun post or deal you think my readers might enjoy...shoot it my way. I will be sure to link them back to you.

I LOVE helping new bloggers...as I was in that same spot last January...so I remember well the feeling of meeting new people online via your blog and just starting out...it is such a blessing to be a blogger!

You will love it! Especially when a new blogger emails you next January to tell you you are on their favorite list..just like you did for me!! :-)

Tara @ Deal Seeking Mom said...

Thanks so much for including me on your list, Jennifer! I'm so honored.

There are so many great sites out there, Keeping the Kingdom First, MommySnacks.net, Stretching a Buck, Bargain Briana, Frugal in VA, I could go on and on and on.

Happy Savings!

Tara @ Deal Seeking Mom

Lorrie said...

I saw your comment on Money Saving Methods. I thought I would leave a link to my blog. I also have a list of the frugal blogs I visit.

www.mommystayshome.blogspot.com

rural momma said...

I love reading frugal blogs. Here are a couple more links that might be helpful:

http://likemerchantships.blogspot.com/

www.frugalhacks.com

Kelly said...

Hi Jennifer,
I found your blog by way of Marybeth's...thanks for posting those frugal sites...my goal is to pay off credit card debt this year and I just posted on my blog about shopping in my own closet and becoming a 'Recessionista!' I really want to save money in every way...but I always see things I want to buy (clothes, makeup, books, magazines, purses..you name it)...plus I love Ebay. It helps to read the frugal/money saving sites to get me more motivated and more careful with my money!
You know too, Marybeth and her husband Curt have a book coming out in March about finances and that should be awesome, can't wait to read it!

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Hi Jennifer,

Here are some of my favorites:

www.lifeasmom.com
www.kingdomfirstmom.com (someone else mentioned this one too)
http://mommysnacks.blogspot.com

and mine :-) www.centsablemomma.com

Great list!

Anonymous said...

I would like to share our new site that has opened this month - www.EconoBusters.com - we'd love to have everyone visit us!

Kris Price
part of the Blogging Team

Marybeth Whalen said...

Jen- since it looks like you are close to Charlotte, NC, you might want to check out the Fru-Gals list if you haven't already. You have to be a part of Yahoo Groups to join, but I highly recommend it.

MrsAshley said...

http://Beauty4Moms.blogspot.com

Drop by for a spell. I think you'll like it. ;)

Ashley