Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mid-Week Frugal Progress Report

Alright, so one of my goals for this year is to become more "frugal" and I am looking for absolutely any way possible of doing that. I have found so many amazing resources from amazing people online and I feel like I have accomplished a whole lot this week; so, I am going to write myself a mid-week progress report and give myself a little pat on the back. So...here goes...

Saturday (we'll include this in this week because it was such as AWESOME deal) - At CVS I got a bottle of Fructis Shampoo and 2 One Touch UltraMini Blood Sugar Monitors for $2.77!!! Oh yeah!!! How did I do it? (Unfortunately these deals are "expired") I got the shampoo on sale for $2.99 and used a $1.00 off coupon - $2 ECBs for the shampoo and then I got the Ultra Minis (the other was sold out) on sale for $19.99 each and used 2 "up to $20.00 off" coupons. I had $2.00 ECBs from buying something last week (I forget what) and so once I used those I paid nothing but the tax...my savings - $42.97!!! Woohoo...now...I am not diabetic and the plan was to give these to my church emergency care ministry but they don't need them...know any charities I could donate these to?

Tuesday - signed up for a custodial account for my son with Sharebuilder (thanks to Carrie @ moneysavingmethods.com - http://moneysavingmethods.blogspot.com/2009/01/method-madness-marathon-bank-offers.html) . This promotion "earned" me $50.00 plus $1.00 in stock and only "cost" me $5.00 ($1.00 in stock and $4.00 in fees). I don't actually "have" that money yet but I am going ahead and counting it since I wanna brag.

Wednesday - signed up for a high interest checking account (also thanks to Carrie @ moneysavingmethods.com) which got me a $25.00 "bonus" in the new account and will net me who knows what over time

Finally, some other things I did this week that I didn't actually get "paid" for but will hopefully work out nicely in the long run are:

Searched with www.swagbucks.com (use this link http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=291705 if you want to sign up...it's FREE and you earn points for searching the website for really cool stuff!!!) and "earned" 9 points so far!!!

Signed up for www.blingo.com (use this link http://www.blingo.com/friends?ref=mJB2XJcMmUi6cDf3h9KbGY0k8Q4 if you want to sign up...it's free like swagbucks but you randomly win prizes for searching using this site). I probably won't use this one as much but I will use it at least a few times a day to see if I win anything. The cool thing is...if I win and you sign up under me then you win and if you win then I win (even if one of us wins the car!!!) How awesome is that???

And last but not least...signed up to do two mystery shops the beginning of next week which will earn me free food and $12.50...

Not too shabby huh? At least not for a newbie!!!

Anyways, I was excited so I thought I would share...if you saved something really awesome this week or signed up for something really cool...let me know!!!

No comments: